Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just Stop it: Moonkin Eclipse Change

The forums are going crazy since yesterday when World of Raids got up the first blue post of a change to eclipse. When I first looked at it, I myself was like..Wha?


Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
  • Eclipse: This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse.


Then I kept looking at it. Trying to see what exactly it was supposed to be nerfing. My husband was the one who pointed it out to me and asked if it was any real change. After staring at it for a moment, it hit me. Its just a nerf to the MOD WISE-ECLIPSE. So please people, cows..night elves...cats and bears (oh my)..Stop making posts saying its the end of the world.

Only thing this change does is make it so the macro function of Wise Eclipse doesn't cancel our buff at the last second and allow us to proc again with an already proc'd cast. Our Rotation IS STILL THE SAME. We will still Spam wrath, proc Lunar, Spam Starfire and then proc Solar. Nothing new, nothing has changed.

On another note:
Tier 8 Sets

Tier 10 Sets
  • Item - Druid T10 Balance 4P Bonus - Your critical strikes from Starfire and Wrath cause the target languish for an additional 7% of your spell's damage over 4 sec. (Up from 5%)


For the T8: I welcome this, as others have stated, we're tired of seeing posts asking if they should stay with 2pc t8 or not. Many of us High End Moonkin have already moved on. The 2pc T8 was great for non movement fights but when all you do is farm Heroic Anub'arak (25m), you want pure stats. Especially if you are going to be AE'ing most of the fight.

If you are still in Ulduar and whatnot, yeah..this was extremely overpowered for you if you was using 2/2. But with the change, finally people can stop looking at the bonus and move on for higher stats. And for those who are wondering, those of us who did switch to 4pc t9 over the 2/2 saw no real change in dps, no major decreases or increases.

Now for the T10: I welcome this change. While I still don't really like the idea of an Ignite effect, its still something to look forward to. Its new to us and I would love to test this out on the PTR and see how it works. But alas, I can't. Still meh on the 2pc, but the stats itself are what I am mainly looking at.

Overall:

The T8 2pc nerf was expected, and most of us welcome it. The Wise Eclipse nerf itself was expected too, however people are blowing it all out of portion. The buff to T10 is always welcomed and I wont stop them if they want to keep doing it.

Also, I say get rid of eclipse all together. Its a pain in my cow ass! Get rid of the partial resist crap from starfire, increase the spellpower coffiecent to scale a bit more and give us back our infinite moonfire idol and I will be a happy cow. Yeah, 2 button spam (which will turn into 1 really) is fun! But hey, I can dream, right?

No comments: