Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Improved FF or Misery? Why not both?!

I decided to finally start up a blog. While I may suck at numbers, I know how to read them. Sure it takes me awhile. Sitting there, scratching my head in confusion, but it gets done. I work with Graylo, Wisp, and others when it comes to the Moonkin class.

I love the Class and enjoy the aspects of it. Since this is my first post in regards to this, I figured I would go ahead and tell you about myself. My character is Foofy, once named Grandstorm for 3 years, I decided it was time for a change (Some naked art pictures where coming up with that name...oi) I'm an 80 Tauren druid who has been playing the game since March 05. I've been mainly resto or Balance my whole game life while rerolling a paladin for a few months before deciding it wasn't something I liked. Pre Bc, I was a resto druid like pretty much everyone else. I saw from MC in to Naxx. I leveled as resto and remember having to spec into Innervate just to be able to raid.

I actually meet my Husband/Soon to be in World of Warcraft while I was gone for Basic/AIT. We leveled together (I healed..he poked stuff) our way to 70. During BC I rerolled for a paladin to try something new. I didn't like it but was stuck with it until I could convince my guildmaster to let me try out moonkin on my druid. It was there I became hooked. While I didn't know much about moonkin, I knew about the hitcap and everything like that. Just not rotations. I was horrible. Then again, I was made to cast IMP FF and IS for the raid..so my dps didn't go much over 1300.

It was then when I started moonkin theorycrafting. I found The Moonkin Repository and began my mass learning experience. Anyway, enough about me..its time for the topic at hand! I don't troll the Wow Druid forums much, but I do love to go there and mess with people. Upon stumbling onto a "Rate the Owlkin Above you" I was rated by another Moonkin who told me to spec out of IMP FF since I probably have a shadowpriest to cover it for me.

Now, I got to play in beta so I got to test stuff along with everyone else. I knew math was already done in this so I decided to post towards him. Of course he wanted a bit more. I couldn't find the exact numbers, but I did find him the main topics of dicussion with others stating what I stated already.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t37048-moonkin_talents_specs_discussion/p7/ --A Topic on EJ in regards to this talent. Was it worth it?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=28312.msg480724;topicseen --A Topic on MMO-Champion in regards to the talent.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11676578789&sid=1&pageNo=1 --Druid Forums post with the man who tested it. While he couldn't provide numbers, I came up with the near same results. Then again, RNG is RNG.

There are many more out there. So if you are curious, you can look into it. You just have to go to Google or any Search Engine of your choice and type "FFF over IMP" or any variation of it. Anyway, I thank you for reading and hope to see you again!


No comments: