Thursday, August 27, 2009

2p T9 and Nature's Grace

I wanted to let everyone know about this topic as it has come up on the Moonkin Forums. Some people feel that if your moonfire can now crit, it should proc the spell Nature's Grace.


Lets first start off with the Nature's Grace Spell.

The spell itself as you can see from the link has the following tooltip,
All spell criticals have a 100% chance to grace you with a blessing of nature, increasing your spell casting speed by 20% for 3 sec.

This means, each time you crit, you gain 20% casting speed for 3 seconds. The old spell used to be with your next cast. The newer version allows us to get more than just one cast off with the benefit of the casting speed. Now, looking at the 2pc t9 bonus..

Your Moonfire ability now has a chance for its periodic damage to be critical strikes.

So, now to the main info at hand. More than some of you I'm sure read Graylo's Blog. Hes already posted an idea for gear on the 2pc and the 4pc. If you want to read it, you are more than welcomed to. However, several people are probably going to end up using the 2pc t9 for a long time to come.

There are also rumors going around that the Crit from the Moonfire Tick allows Nature's Grace to proc. I remember testing this personally on the PTR when it came available and here are my results.



From the screenshot, you can see I have underlined the times my Moonfire Crit. Now some people are going to say "Oh, you have such and such turned off in your combat log!"

Wrong, I had everything turned on for this and as you can see, I did not gain any benefit to Nature's Grace. You can also see that I gained no mana return either. Now, I can agree why this is the way it is. We nearly have a constant uptime of NG as is. There is no need to add anymore time to it.

Now, this is just from the PTR when I tested it, if its fixed, then..coolbeans..I guess we will have NG up more often. But, yeah..here is the information for those who are looking for it.

No comments: